Sample Job Descrption
An IT Trainer role will develop and deliver professional business focused technology training to meet the needs of the partners and staff of Clifford Chance in Asia Pacific and other international offices where required. Deliver targeted training to fee earners and business services staff via floor walking, tipsheets and classroom training. Deliver new starter induction training across the APAC region.
- In this role you will be responsible for delivering business focused IT training courses as allocated from the course curriculum, as well as develop and deliver specific business focused training as needed by each office (i.e. Excel training).
- You will provide new starter induction training within agreed time frames working closely with HR in each office. You will use web and audio conferencing solutions to reach multiple offices at the same time.
- Develop training materials as needed for specific internal classroom training courses and keep them up to date as services are upgraded to newer versions.
- Develop easy to read tipsheets for fee earners and business services staff to aid learning and development across the different business applications. Ensure they follow standard formats and design.
- Develop eLearning courses for next generation of applications and align with global standards
- Maintain the APAC training intranet site, ensuring it is kept up to date with materials and dates/details of training courses
- Deliver floor walking in all offices and proactively approach partners and fee earners to raise their awareness of new features and benefits on business applications.
- Deliver training campaigns specific to key IT initiatives such as Windows 10 upgrade and Office 2016 upgrade etc.
- You will also be required to have strong awareness of how applications are utilised by the business and help them to maximise efficiencies.
- In addition you will liaise with the Regional IT Services Executive Manager with regards to escalating any issues or concerns that may affect the quality or timescales of training or by feedback of improvements to the training service.
- You will play an active part in building and maintaining business relationships and team work with rest of IT colleagues
- You will help develop the application knowledge of the IT Service Centre staff so they are equipped to help users make better use of the various tools at their disposal
- You will contribute to the global training strategy working closely with peers in other regions.
- It will also be your responsibility to ensure classrooms are stocked with relevant materials, that the PCs are loaded with the relevant software prior to course commencement and that the PCs and rooms are set up and cleaned up prior to and on completion of courses.
- With ten offices across the APAC region you will be expected to do extensive travel for periods ranging from a few days to a few weeks
Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a pre-requisite, with language skills in other major Asian countries a distinct advantage
- At least 3-5 years experience in end user training, preferably in a multinational company environment (previous legal experience a distinct advantage)
- Comprehensive experience with the standard Microsoft Office toolset, particularly Office 2013 and SharePoint (previous SharePoint training experience is a distinct advantage)
- A solid understanding of Windows desktop technologies is expectedGood understanding and experience of using templates and business standard documents
- Willingness for extensive overseas travel (mainly Asia Pacific) is a pre-requisite for this role
- Excellent presentation, communication skills and listening skills, with the ability to demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving