Document Management Applications Engineer
The Document Management Applications Engineer will play a key role in the support, management and enhancement of the Firm’s document management system. This position encompasses a mixture of project responsibility, system administration and senior level support.
- Provide a forward thinking approach in the interest of improving the systems to assist the lawyers’ high level of client service.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert on projects.
- Responsible for system build, automation, tuning and maintenance, and documentation of all of the Document Management (DMS) system related components in accordance with vendor best practices and Firm policies.
- Expert administration and project activities as directed including planning, oversight, and execution of off-hour maintenance and upgrades/system patching.
- Develops, documents, and maintains compliance with business preparedness/disaster recovery plans to support the Document Management environment.
- Performs evaluations of new products/applications deemed to be appropriate to the Firm’s business.
- Makes recommendations to improve the use of all Firm Document Management applications.
- Provides third level expert support.
- Liaise with focus groups of end users of all levels to ensure a positive user experience.
- Plays a continuing role in mentoring other staff.
- Some international travel may be required.
- 5+ years experience with iManage WorkSite Document Management System administration required.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of systems support and administration, including patching, maintenance, and log monitoring.
- Expert level system troubleshooting experience.
- Solid knowledge/experience troubleshooting MS Office, Acrobat, and Desktop OS and integration issues.
- Experience managing Intapp Wall Builder Ethical Walls System preferred.
- Experience planning, scaling, installing, and configuring HP/Autonomy product suite including WorkSite server (required), Communications server (required), IDOL server (preferred)and mobility servers.
- Experience configuring, packaging and deploying the WorkSite client suite including FileSite (required), Email Management (required) and Offsite (preferred).
- Demonstrated SQL expertise required.
- Demonstrated project experience participating as a technical resource.
- Experience with support and administration of Prosperoware Milan Matter Hub preferred.
- Experience with legal industry and matter centric environments.